I am so happy to have joined the Kitesurf China team and to work with David and Atte. It is a nice feeling to have my first kiteboarding family and I look forward to meeting more and more people over the coming seasons.
My father, mother are both paragliding instructor at the Jonathan Paragliding School currently operating in Pyeongchang. I started paragliding at the age of 14 and enjoyed it.
My father was the first person in the family to try kiteboarding and bring the sport into Korea. In November 2011 immediately after high school I began to learn kiteboarding in Vietnam and was immediately hooked. New to water sports but a lot of fun and I loved the power a kite could generate. That day in Vietnam I already knew that kiteboarding was my future and I would not go back to paragliding, much to the disappointment of my parents .
I have made it my goal to kite board in all parts of the world, make new friends and take part in as many competitions as I can. I have now discovered the speed of a race board and will make this my discipline for the future. There are more men racing in this sport than woman and I hope that this statistic will change in the future.
I would also like to help this sport be promoted to more children and hope that I can soon start kite kids camps in Korea and help the KTA with their Kite Kids Camps. Life is short and should be fun and kiteboarding has given me the fun I have been looking for.
- December 2011 Kiteboarding for the first time in Vietnam
- January 24, 2012 Qualified IKO Level 2
- April 2012 (Pro 2) obtained certification for Pro Paragliding Pilot
- October 2012 South Korea Jeju kite surfing tournament
- Team Championship ( 4th in the team event ), Women Solo 3rd
- December 2012 to February 2013 training camp three months training in Taipei, Penghu twintip progression , wave board beginner training
- March to May 2013 two months training in Vietnam
- May 2013 started training in Korea Racing Board
- July 26, 2013 27 days 28 days
- 1st sideways Wind Kite Festival yacht racing tournaments 1st place
- November 2013 joined Team Kitesurf China
- November 18, 2013 World Championship will be participating ( Hainan , China )
- December 17, 2013 KTA Thailand
- January 2014 KTA Indonesia
- February 2014 KTA Philippines